This program is designed for athletes with a severe or profound intellectual disability unable to participate in official Special Olympics sports competitions because of their skills and/or functional abilities.
The AAC consist of three parts:
Adapted Physical Activities
• Are ‘pre–competitive’ activities.
• Can be considered as the ‘link’ between sports & sports games.
• Require a minimum of technical knowhow.
• The materials are adapted.
• ‘Playing in team’ aims at motivating athletes to take part in physical activities.
• Security is an absolute necessity.
• Done in an intimate atmosphere and space.
• The coach can guide the athlete during some of the tests, but has to follow the manager’s guidelines.
Motor Skills Activities
Special Olympics Belgium has a program of motor skills activities for people who are not able to participate in adapted physical activities or sports games.
Entrance is free
You are most welcome to come and supporter our athletes!